Friday, August 28, 2009

Vincent Wolf

New-to-me and oh-so-glorious is the work of Vincente Wolf, photographer and interior designer. His fascinating interview at the The Skirted Roundtable is well worth a listen.
I very much like the range of textures in this image - chair, floor, fluffy towels, the copper bath, pewter-look vase. I think the contrast of the black in the table and exposed lightbulb adds a modern element that creates a sophisticated rustic feel.



Mmmm, I'd love to read a book and drink tea in this lounge space. I like the artwork on the ledge, particularly the mix of frames and the inviting sofas; the distressed/worn wooden table and cane side-table (an upside-down wastepaper basket?) are very appealing. Strangely, I love the sunflowers here, even though I'm not usually a fan of them. It must be the exuberant burst of colour against the muted and calm backdrop. They add life and an element of surprise, don't you think?


More of his work that I like...


Hmmm, I think there's a frame theme going on!


All images from Vincente Wolf Associates website, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment